Poems on life are pieces of literature that explore the various aspects of life, such as its beauty, hardships, joys, and sorrows. Life is an ever-evolving journey, and poems on life seek to capture the nuances of this journey in a way that is relatable to readers. These poems may be written in various forms, such as free verse, sonnets, or haikus, and may use different literary devices such as metaphors, similes, and imagery to convey the emotions and experiences of life. Some poems on life may be uplifting and hopeful, while others may be dark and introspective. Regardless of their tone, poems on life offer a unique perspective on the human experience and can often provide insight and comfort to readers.
Here are 10 poems on life:
- “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth;
- “If” by Rudyard Kipling If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you, If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too;
- “Invictus” by William Ernest Henley Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
- “Desiderata” by Max Ehrmann Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
- “A Psalm of Life” by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Tell me not, in mournful numbers, Life is but an empty dream! For the soul is dead that slumbers, And things are not what they seem.
- “Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night” by Dylan Thomas Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
- “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” by T.S. Eliot Do I dare Disturb the universe? In a minute there is time For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.
- “The Waste Land” by T.S. Eliot April is the cruellest month, breeding Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing Memory and desire, stirring Dull roots with spring rain.
- “Ulysses” by Alfred, Lord Tennyson Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and though We are not now that strength which in old days Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts,
- “The Sun Also Rises” by Ernest Hemingway You are all a lost generation. . . . You have no respect for anything. You drink yourselves to death . . . You have no lives . . . You have no will.
Here are 10 poems on life in Hindi:
- “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara” by Javed Akhtar Dilon mein tum apni Betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho Toh zinda ho tum! Nazar mein khwaabon ki Bijliyan leke chal rahe ho Toh zinda ho tum!
- “Harivansh Rai Bachchan” by Madhushala मदिरालय जाने को घर से चलते हैं पीने वाले किस पथ से जाऊँ, असमंजस में हूँ विचलित मन पाया पथ अपना, गमगीन न हुआ अब तक किसी का दर्द न मेरा सोने न दे, जगा मुझे जगा मुझे रे!
- “Rahi Masoom Raza” by Kuchh Apne Bhi Ghar Se Nikle Kuchh apne bhi ghar se nikle, bahut door nikle magar, bas ab vo raste hi reh gaye, jo humne chune the ek baar.
- “Dushyant Kumar” by Ho Gayi Hai Peer Parvat Si Ho gayi hai peer parvat si, pighalni chahiye Iss Himalaya se koi Ganga nikalni chahiye
- “Dr. Kumar Vishwas” by Koi Deewana Kehta Hai Koi Deewana kehta hai, koi pagal samajhta hai Magar dharti ki bechaini ko bas badal samajhta hai.
- “Sahir Ludhianvi” by Woh Subah Kabhi To Aayegi Woh subah kabhi to aayegi, Inshaallah, inshaallah.
- “Bashir Badr” by Mohabbat Mein Teri Kuchh Khatta To Hai Mohabbat mein teri kuchh khatta to hai, Is ke siva zindagi mein kuchh mitha nahi.
- “Bhawani Prasad Mishra” by Tum Nahi Ho to Kya Tum nahi ho to kya, tumhari yaadein to hai, Har pal saath hai, bas fark nazar aata hai.
- “Munawwar Rana” by Main Gareeb Hoon Main gareeb hoon, meri taqdeer hi gareeb hai, Magar ye duniya walo, ye socho ki ye jism hai gareeb ka, rooh to hai ameer ki.
- “Gulzar” by Aandhi Toofan Aandhi toofan bhool gaye, Chalna bhi bhool gaye, Jab khushi ki taraf hi nahin rukna, Toh zindagi ka kya maza!